Sunday

my final idea & continuing through to devlopment


What i want my work to represent? Making my first outfit!
What i want my work to represent?

After researching into different concepts surrounding the topic of waste fashion, ive decided I want my work to resemble a striking display, deconstructing, re-cutting and completely transforming people’s perception of second-hand clothing or recyclable material, and create ethical fashion with a sense of right and wrong?

I want my work to explain and emphasize the importance of the global and personal benefits of adopting these practices, and would like to demonstrate the ways in which individuals, can make conscious changes in their wardrobe choices, reducing their environmental impact of “waste couture” on our planet.

Making my first outfit

over the last 2 weeks i have managed to make a recyclable dress made from newspaper material. The print screens shown below, are the stages of my creation....



Although the outfit took time to make, i was pleased with the final outcome as i felt i had acheived what i set out to do. 

my first test shot useing my first costume....


before my shoot day, i was struggling to know what lighting to use? I therefor drew a lighting diagram showing my original plan....




Lighting:

For my shoot I decided to use a simple lighting plan, as when researching I learn a lot of fashion advertising campaigns use this technique a lot. Before my shoot I looked into different light sources, but in the end decided to use a medium size soft box. From previous workshops in the year I leant, soft boxes work by confining the light from a lamp into a closed chamber and releasing it through at least one layer of diffusion material. I also learnt, the larger the light source, in relation to the subject, the softer the light becomes, which was useful when deciding what size to use for my shoot. When viewing the contact sheets I noticed that this piece of lighting equipment enabled, light to pass through the translucent fabric and scatter, producing a very even and soft result. Perfect when comparing and incorporating similar approaches to fashion advertising shoots. From using this type of light, I thought it worked well as a fill light,  as it didn’t cast harsh shadows. I think overall, the large soft box covered the entire subject with light allowing a softer light and softened edges of shadows.

I really like the shot above but i would like to devlop further, perhaps experimenting with off-site location?

EQUIPMENT USED:
BLACK BACKDROP
1 PRO-LIGHT
BUIETY DISH
LIGHT METRE
MAMIYA RZ CAMERA
160 COLOUR FILM
EXTENTION LEAD

When looking back at the contact sheet above, the type of lighting, background and type of camera was not to my liking. The shoot gave me a good idea of what i would like my project to represent, but think with more time, thoughts and ideas i could devlop further, perhaps experimenting with digitial and off-site photography, allowing my skills to be develop and improve. 











No comments:

Post a Comment