Saturday

Exporting my Fashion Magazine output to PDF & printscreens of layout
















Magazine evaluation 
For my output I decided to create my own editorial Fashion magazine based on recycling and upcycled fashion, stopping mass consumption. 

I wanted to try and explain how the fashion industry encourages audience's to recycle and upcycle clothing. 
I wanted my magazine to explore the concept of how waste links into the fashion industry, and how certain problems involving the issue of waste could be solved? All images used are all fashion based, which helped me decide what output I wanted to explore and create? The fashion magazine inspired me the most, and therefore decided my output would be an editorial, showcasing how the public audience can still be fashionable yet environmentally friendly at the same time. The concept of my magazine is to encourage clothing recycling and upcycling to help stop mass consumption in the fashion industry.

The reason why I chose to research Positive Magazine was because i wanted my work to be seen in a similar format covering photos, stories, reportages, every fragment that tells what’s happening in the world through different points of view. I liked how the magazine dealt with topics that are happening in the world, which complimented my project as the topic involved the importance of recycling in the fashion industry. I also appreciated the modern feel the magazine had, and how they used different page layouts throughout the editorial.

Whereas the magazine PDF format `dazed and confused` was seen as a more formal layout featuring topics such as music, fashion, film, art, and literature. I defiantly wanted my magazine to capture the awareness of recycling and therefore did not want the design to be seen as formal. Due to this matter i thought about researching the Stitch newspaper, as it was viewed as an awareness pack to generate a change of attitude and behaviour towards clothing care.


16- 30 is the target audience I selected for my magazine. I thought  by selecting this age group it  focus's on the next generation, encouraging them to recycle regually.  

The style I chose portrays a Modern, minimalistic, and powerful approach! The style of a magazine i wanted to create had to be noticed as modern as this will appeal to the younger target audience. The style I thought also represents a  minimalistic theme, so all the attention is kept on the images showcasing how fashion can be recycled. Throughout the magazine I tried to refer back to `positive magazine` and liked how they used the + sign through out the spread, so I came up with the idea of having the recyclable logo on the top of every left page.

Throughout the task i learnt many new skills  including how important research is before starting a publication. I understood, researching is vital especially when thinking about layout, format and narrative. Through researching, I understood the particular visual methodology magazines and how they create their narrative. This was an important aspect when thinking about narrative for my publication. InDesign was a tool i used to help design and create my fashion magazine. The desktop publishing application gave me pixel- perfect control over designs, photos and typography, and helped create elegant and engaging pages for print, tablets, and other screens. From using this program, i learnt how to design and create a magazine.

Print Screens of me creating my magazine on InDesign










 










double page spread layout


























No comments:

Post a Comment